September is when we say ‘sayonara’ to salads and welcome back our delicious comfort food. So, pour yourself a Pumpkin Spice Latte, bust out a chunky-knit sweater and buckle-up because this post contains a whole lotta BASIC, and we couldn’t be more excited. Get into the spirit of the fall season with our Caramel Apple Flatbread recipe – perfect for a lazy day of baking for yourself or to enjoy with friends!
What you’ll need:
- Store-Bought or Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 Block of Cream Cheese Softened (4 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Shredded Gouda or 3 or 4 Thinly Sliced Pieces
- 2 Apples Cored/Thinly Sliced (green or red)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping or Syrup
- Preheat the oven according to store-bought crust instructions.
- While the oven pre-heats, prepare the cream cream spread – combine the softened cream cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well (no lumps).
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust base and top with Gouda.
- Bake according to package directions until the cheese is almost melted.
- While crust is baking, core & thinly slice apples, leaving apple skins in-tact. Cut apple slices in half and soak them in lemon flavored soda or lemon juice for 1-2 minutes (to prevent from turning brown). After 2 minutes, remove apple slices, drain and pat dry.
- Remove flatbread from oven and let cool slightly. Arrange prepared apple slices evenly over the cream cheese and Gouda base.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle chopped pecans.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes to caramelize, let cool and serve!
Hotel Renovo’s Caramel Apple Flatbread is the perfect recipe if you’re looking for something unique to do with all of those picks from the orchard and will surely impress any guest! Want to taste it before you make it? Join us at our September Rendezvous on Tuesday, September 18, for our Taste of Fall night where you’ll be able to taste complimentary Caramel Apple Flatbreads and other seasonal bites from 5:30PM – 7:30PM. We’ll also have fall-themed cocktails available for purchase in our bistro.