One of the best parts about watching The Big Game, besides the commercials, is the food! Whether you’re hosting a party to cheer on your favorite team or need a dish to pass – we’ve got you covered with some of our game winning favorites.
Football Party Food
Bacon & Blue Dip
Featured on Hotel Renovo’s Bar & Bistro menu and The Machine Shed’s cookbook – our Bacon & Blue Dip is touch-down worthy treat! The smoky bacon combined with the flavors of aged blue cheese is delicious when served with crackers, kettle chips, veggies, or topped on your favorite burger.
- 6-8 strips crispy-cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (optional)
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tbsp. garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 3 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. chives
- ½ tbsp. ground mustard
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon grease, chop (crumble) and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and ranch dressing (if using) and set aside
- Stir in dried parsley, chives, ground mustard, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth
- Stir in chopped bacon pieces and blue cheese crumbles
- Transfer the dip to your preferred serving bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving
Optional garnish: top with sliced green onion, walnuts or extra bacon and enjoy!
- 1/2 pound ground beer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or according to the package directions)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Combine beef, salt and pepper in the hot skillet and cook until meat is browned (about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally); drain and discard grease
- Add your pizza crust to baking sheet or pizza stone. Mix ketchup and mustard in a bowl; spread mixture over pizza crust as your sauce.
- Spread shredded cheddar cheese over ketchup mixture and top with beef and diced onions
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted (about 20 minutes)
- Top with pickles and allow pizza to cool. Top with shredded lettuce and tomatoes before serving.
- 12 oz. Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper
- 2 oz. apple flavored whiskey (we use Crown Royal Apple Whiskey)
- 2 oz. grenadine
- Mix all ingredients together in pitcher
- Fill two football glasses (Mason jars) with ice and enjoy!
Pro tip: Looking for something alcohol-free for the kiddos? Eliminate the whisky and try root beer instead – add some ice cream for a fun twist!
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1/2 oz. lime juice (or 2 lime wedges, squeezed)
- 6-7 mint leaves, muddled
- 2-3 blueberries, muddled **can substitute for blackberries or other berries
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. club soda (or ginger beer)
- Cup of ice
- In a shaker, combine berries, lime wedges and mint leaves, muddle together
- Add bourbon, ice and simple syrup, shake vigorously
- Pour contents into a rocks glass (for less pulp you can use a strainer) and top with club soda (or ginger beer)
- Stir and garnish with mint leaves and blueberries
Dress up your party for The Big Game – or any tailgate – with these fun and easy DIY ideas that will score you big points!
- Penalty Flags – Fill a metal bucket with yellow cocktail napkins, add a “Penalty Flags” sign and you’re set! Add another metal bucket filled with red napkins for your challenge flags!
- Football Glasses/Snack Bags – Grab a mason jar, or brown paper bag, and add white duct tape to make “football” drinking glasses and game-day snack bags!
- Water Bottle Labels – Don’t forget the referees! These adorable free bottle labels wrap around any water or soda bottle. Just add a mini whistle!
- Turf Runner – Add some fun texture to your snack table with an artificial turf runner from your local home improvement (or craft) store. Don’t worry if you can’t find astroturf, you can always use a green tablecloth to get a similar effect.